Sunday 20 February 2005

March Munch

The next munch will be on 16th March at The Outlook, starting from around 7.30.

Since posting on the Midlands and the Southern yahoo groups, I've had quite a few responses from people who will probably join us; I think we might even double the numbers! I am not planning to run a meet'n'greet service while we are still so small; instead I would recommend that anyone who is at all nervous makes sure they get there early on, so that they can be at least half way down their first pint before any particularly scary types turn up. Or, better still, so that they can say hi to us and start to feel at home before the table gets crowded.

This is now the official Reading Munch website. I've chosen this publishing system because I've been using blogger, on and off, since June 2001, and I just like it. It offers total anonymity, but allows two-way communication between reader and writer. I did consider whether it was sensible to use an open web page for this subject, rather than a members-only group; but then Informed Consent is open to all, and I'm not planning for there to be any overt discussion of what we actually do. And as you can see from the list on the right, there are already a lot of quite graphic weblogs on the subject, so the world won't notice one more.

So, this is it, officially launched. If you want to contact me, you can leave a comment below, or my email address is at the top of the page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kitty, Sorry we couldn't be there this time, we will be there next time and i hope you have as much fun with your Munch as i do with the Farnborough Munch. Kaz xxx